Empowered By Horses ~ Heart Centered Leadership
Abbotsford, BC (since 2008)
Carla is a former 14 year member of the Vancouver City Police. After working the beat in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside and witnessing the devastating effects of drug addiction she was determined to find a solution that not only focused on prevention and education but empowered youth and adults to make healthy lifestyle choices. With this goal in mind she co-founded Empowered by Horses. As lead facilitator, Carla uses the herd dynamics of horses as an effective model for building upon and developing inner courage and respectful leadership skills. Her passion is to empower girls and women to live heart centered lives by developing the horse-human connection.
Carla has partnered with horses for over forty years. She has extensive knowledge and showing experience in reining (traditional and freestyle) and both western and english disciplines. She is influenced by the work of Linda Kohanov (The Way of the Horse), Carolyn Resnick (Water Hole Rituals), Mark Rashid (Passive Leadership), and Suzanne Clothier (Relationship Centered Training) is an Equine Guided Development Facilitator (Chiron’s Way) is a Life Coach (Erickson College) and has a BA in psychology (SFU). Carla is a professional horse coach and trainer, and is the founder of Unbridled Potential, an academy dedicated to forging safe, respectful and trusting bonds between horses and people. Her work is about empowering heart centered leadership at home, at work and in the arena. She is currently working on incorporating her love of dance and movement into her teachings.
Carla lives in Abbotsford at Anam Cara Farm and Learning Center with her life partner, Steve, seven horses (including two rescued minis); three sheep, five pigs, ten chickens, two dogs, and four cats.
Scope of Practice
As an Equine Facilitated Learning Professional, Life & Wellness Coach and Equine Professional Carla Webb believes that by fostering a respectful connection between horses and humans, we come to know more about ourselves—our beliefs, our goals and our passions. With deepening self-awareness we can begin to make changes and live the life we want to live.
Carla provides personal development and educational programs to individual clients and groups in support of their healing and growth. She works with:
- First Responders. This includes police, fire, ambulance, corrections, border services, nurses, doctors and 911 operators/dispatchers. For more information about programming go to Standing Six.
- Youth. These clients are referred by a guardian, social service agency or mental health professional. For more information about programming go to Empowered By Horses
- The equine community. With a philosophy that respects horses as equal partners, Carla supports positive relationships and remedies problems between horses and their owner/rider. For more information about programming go to Unbridled Potential
- The therapeutic equine community. With compassion and a keen eye for temperament and ability, Carla assesses the suitability of horses for therapeutic work. For more information about programming contact Carla Webb.
- Professional Association for Equine Facilitated Wellness *Dual certified EFW Professional and Equine Professional and Mentor
- The Art and Science of Coaching – Erickson College 2008
- The Dance of Equus Equine Guided Development Facilitator Training – Chirons Way
- Horse Council BC Rider Level 1-3
- BA in Psychology – SFU 1996
- Provincial Constable Recruit Training – JIBC 1996
- Vancouver Police Officer PC 1777 Webb, 1996 – 2010 Vancouver, BC
- Self-Compassion two day certification program 2019 – Center for Mindful Self-Compassion
- TRE – Tension and trauma releasing exercises – provider in training (2018)
- Beneath and Beyond – 2015 Gabor Mate
- CARAT 1.1 (Animal temperament training) Suzanne Clothier – 2015
- Reflected Relationship – Suzanne Clothier & Dr. Kirby Wycoff – 2014
- Trauma Informed Practice – Abbotsford Community Services – 2014
- Activating Your Heart’s Intelligence – Institute of Heart Math – 2013
- Daring Greatly – Brene Brown – 2013
- Suicide Awareness Training – Abbotsford Community Services – 2013
- Cultural Training – Sumas First Nations – 2012
- Introduction to the Waterhole Rituals – Sharolyn Wandzura – 2012
- Animal Communication – Heather Faris – 2012/2019
- Clicker Training for Horses – Deborah Olson-Daniels – 2011
- Bellyfit Training – Fitness and Women’s Health – 2009
- Animal Communication – Marijke Vanderwater – 2009
- Kids and Horses: A therapeutic protocol of excellence MNLINC – Minnesota 2009
- Psych K (Basic) – Sandra Wallin – 2009
- Way of the Horse – Linda Kohanov – 2007
- NCCP Coach Training – Vancouver Police Department – 2003
- Supervisor Level 1 and Level 2 – Vancouver Police – 2006
- Emotional Intelligence and Police Leadership – JIBC – 2006
- Abbotsford Community Services – children and youth group program
- Ministry of Child and Family Development – working with youth and children since 2013
- Individual (both youth and adults) sessions, workshops and programs taught since 2008
- Odd Squad member and volunteer since 1999
- Volunteer training and community development in Costa Rica – Youth Challenge International
RESTORE First Responder Wellness Foundation – Board of Directors
Horse Tales Society – Founding member/board of directors
Child Youth Committee – Mission and Abbotsford.
Professional Association for Equine Facilitated Wellness Board of Directors/Marketing Committee
Individual Member of Horse Council BC